How do you style a Scandinavian bedroom?
Scandinavian design is a design movement characterized by simplicity, minmalism and functionality that emerged in the early 20th century, and subsequently flourished in the 1950s throughout the five Nodic countries: Denmark Finland, Norway, Sweden and Iceland.
White walls, wood floors, modern furniture, and minimalist decor are all hallmark traits of a Scandinavian aesthetic. More than just furniture you buy from Ikea, Scandinavian design originates from Nordic influences and incorporates the contributions of talented Scandinavian designers such as Alvar Aalto, Hans Wegner, Arne Jacobsen, Eero Arnio, and Ingvar Kamprad.
Scandinavian bedroom design
The concept of hygge seems specially tailored for bedrooms. Naturally, a Scandinavian bedroom design features a range of elements that provide ultimate comfort. Natural textiles, warm throws, wooden flooring, and a plush rug can easily transform a bedroom into a hygge heaven. Decorative accents, wall art, plants, and natural light complete a Nordic style bedroom.
How do you create a Scandinavian bedroom?
Creating a haven of tranquility and comfort in your bedroom is easy if you follow some basic Scandinavian bedroom design tips.
- Transform your bed with a fluffy duvet, plush pillows, and natural textiles.
- Buy a quality wool throw with or without patterns.
- Choose a simple nightstand for a minimalist lamp.
- Install wooden flooring.
- Add a plush rug you’ll love to walk on first thing in the morning.
- Select items and materials with light, neutral colors.
- Get a minimalist Scandinavian design dresser.
- Choose a calming artwork to decorate a wall.
- Add a plant or two to bring a bit of nature to your retreat.
- Keep things simple and clear, but add some decorative accents.
Scandinavian design has influenced architects and interior designers for almost a century, well before the golden age of Nordic design of the 1950s. Blending a minimalist aesthetic with function and comfort, this style is still one of the most popular today. Versatile and timeless, Scandinavian furniture and lighting offer an easy way to create an elegant and cozy living space.
The epitome of simplicity and comfort, Scandinavian interiors embody the concept of hygge in all its glory. Plush surfaces, warm textiles, simple patterns, natural materials, and open-plan, airy spaces all contribute to enhance the feeling of comfort. At the same time, Nordic style living spaces look simply beautiful. Refined and cozy, Scandinavian design homes are also timeless and become the perfect setting for living well and slow living.